Events and Happenings
Brandon is full of year-round events.
Brandon’s organizations sponsor enjoyable, educational, entertaining, and exciting events each year. Here is a listing and the “formula” for how we figure the date. Just click on the links for more info.
Wednesdays With Warren- Getting to know you!
At the Book & Leaf Bookstore & Tea Shop. Warren Kimble chats with local folks once a month to learn a little more about our friends and neighbors! Watch the Chamber newsletter and the Reporter for upcoming guests & times. Always an evening of fun, laughter, new discoveries and maybe a tear or two. If you live here take a peek and find some new and interesting tidbits, if you’re new or visiting, watch and see why Brandon has drawn folks from all over the world.
Many thanks to Joanne & Steve Errick & the staff at the Book & Leaf, so generous of them to open their doors to an event like this.
Links to the PEG TV video on demand will appear here and in the newsletters
Wednesdays With Warren- Lynne Wilson & Stephanie Choma Librarians- Brandon Free Public Library
Wednesdays With Warren- Dr. Ben Lawton 9-16-15 Brandon Dentist
Wednesdays With Warren- Joel & Janet Mondlak 10-14-15 Past local business owners & Chamber Ex-Director
- Free Summer Concert Series (concerts in June – July- August and sometimes September)
- Memorial Day Parade (10:00am- Central Park-last Monday in May. A very quaint event- a small parade, a few speeches and a 100 year old tradition of first grade girls placing flowers at the base of the Civil War Monument.)
- Brandon Independence Day Celebration (always the first Saturday in July; and the night before too!)
- Basin Bluegrass Festival (always the weekend after the parade)
- Great Brandon Auction (either the third or fourth Tuesday in July)
- Yard Sale Day (always the first Saturday in August)
- HarvestFest (always the Sunday before Columbus-Day-weekend)
- Farmer’s Market Craft Fair – Saturday of Columbus Day weekend and mid-December
- Memory Tree Festivities (always the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving)
- Moonlight Madness 1st Wednesday and 3rd Thursday in December- townwide sales and holiday fun!
- Artists Open Studio Weekend (Memorial Day weekend – Brandon always has one of Vermont’s largest concentrations of artists with open studios)
EVENT VENUES WITH THEIR OWN SCHEDULES
- Brandon Free Public Library has a full schedule of events, talks, special programs, and weekly movies.
- New England Maple Museum Activities and Events – The world’s largest maple museum open 10 am – 5:30 pm daily. 4578 Rte 7 in Pittsford. 802 483-9414
- Brandon Music Cafe presents a continuous program of jazz and classical music from their own internationally acclaimed recordings on its Divine Art and other labels,and regular performances, both formal and informal, by new and visiting artists. The cafe also hosts jazz concerts, regular live classical, folk and bluegrass music too.
- Brandon Museum open for the season mid-May through mid-October daily 11 am – 4 pm
- Brandon Farmer’s Market mid-May every Friday from 9 am – 2 pm in Brandon’s Central Park
- Brandon Town Band – All volunteer, multi-generational band. Concerts are every other Monday night in late June, July & August, watch for performance dates. Rain location is the Town Hall. Always looking for new musicians, so dust off your instrument and join us. Practices are on the off Mondays from performances at the High School.
- Brandon Artists Guild (monthly special exhibits and art shows)
- Brandon Town Hall Calendar (including Brandon Town Players events)
- Brandon Town Players musical and drama performances- 802-247-5420
- Vermont Fiber Mill & Studio holds workshops, camps, and hands-on sessions.
- Compass Music & Arts Center is the home of events, exhibits, performances, and special shows. Open all year.
- Branbury State Park, located on the shore of Lake Dunmore, serves up a whole calendar of events throughout the summer.