Events and Happenings
Brandon is full of year-round events.
Brandon’s organizations sponsor enjoyable, educational, entertaining, and exciting events each year. Here is a listing and the “formula” for how we figure the date. Just click on the links for more info.
BRANDON ROCKS ON!
From beautifully decorated rocking chairs, horses and cradles to concerts, from live theater to town-wide yard sales … and more, Brandon is the place to be for a summer of rocking good times.
The “rocking objects” are courtesy of the Brandon Artists’ Guild, and part of the “Art Rocks Brandon” celebration. Be sure to look for them to be showing up around town in the coming weeks. And, be sure to look here for all the upcoming event listings and information throughout the summer as “Brandon Rocks On”.
- Free Summer Concert Series (concerts in June – July- August and sometimes September)
- Memorial Day Parade (10:00am- Central Park-last Monday in May. A very quaint event- a small parade, a few speeches and a 100 year old tradition of first grade girls placing flowers at the base of the Civil War Monument.)
- Brandon Independence Day Celebration (always the first Saturday in July; and the night before too!)
- Basin Bluegrass Festival (always the weekend after the parade)
- Great Brandon Auction (either the third or fourth Tuesday in July)
- Yard Sale Day (always the first Saturday in August)
- HarvestFest (always the Saturday before Columbus-Day-weekend)
- Farmer’s Market Craft Fair – Saturday of Columbus Day weekend and mid-December
- Memory Tree Festivities (always the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving)
- Moonlight Madness 1st Wednesday and 3rd Thursday in December- townwide sales and holiday fun!
- Artists Open Studio Weekend (Memorial Day weekend – Brandon always has one of Vermont’s largest concentrations of artists with open studios)
EVENT VENUES WITH THEIR OWN SCHEDULES
- Brandon Free Public Library has a full schedule of events, talks, special programs, and weekly movies.
- New England Maple Museum Activities and Events - The world’s largest maple museum open 10 am – 5:30 pm daily. Hosting the Pittsford Farmers Market every Saturday mid-day in-season. 4578 Rte 7 in Pittsford.
- Brandon Music Cafe presents a continuous program of jazz and classical music from their own internationally acclaimed recordings on its Divine Art and other labels,and regular performances, both formal and informal, by new and visiting artists. The cafe also hosts jazz concerts, regular live classical, folk and bluegrass music too.
- Brandon Museum open for the season mid-May through mid-October daily 11 am – 4 pm
- Brandon Farmer’s Market mid-May every Friday from 9 am – 2 pm in Brandon’s Central Park
- Brandon Town Band – every Tuesday starting around the first day of summer through Labor Day Monday from 6:30 – 7:30 pm in Brandon’s Central Park, weather permitting.
- Brandon Artists Guild (monthly special exhibits and art shows)
- Brandon Town Hall Calendar (including Brandon Town Players events)
- Brandon Town Players musical and drama performances
- Vermont Fiber Mill & Studio holds workshops, camps, and hands-on sessions.
- Compass Music & Arts Center is the home of events, exhibits, performances, and special shows. Open all year.
- Branbury State Park, located on the shore of Lake Dunmore, serves up a whole calendar of events throughout the summer.