Events and Happenings
Brandon is full of year-round events.
Brandon’s organizations sponsor enjoyable, educational, entertaining, and exciting events each year. Here is a listing and the “formula” for how we figure the date. Just click on the links for more info.
- Free Summer Concert Series (concerts on the lawn behind the Brandon Inn, next to the Neshobe River every Wednesday at 6 or 7pm in July- August)
- Memorial Day Parade (10:00am- Central Park-last Monday in May. A very quaint event- a small parade, a few speeches and a 100 year old tradition of first grade girls placing flowers at the base of the Civil War Monument.)
- Brandon Independence Day Celebration & Fireworks (always the first Saturday in July; and the night before too!)
- Basin Bluegrass Festival (always the weekend after the parade)
- Great Brandon Auction (the third Tuesday in July)This year the fun and action will take place 1 mile north of town at Estabrook Park!! Preview at 2:00pm and the gavel falls at 4:00pm!!
ATTENTION!! DUE TO FORECAST FOR THUNDERSTORMS, HAIL AND HEAVY RAIN THE 2018 AUCTION IS BEING MOVED TO THE NEXT DAY!!
WEDNESDAY, JULY 18TH SAME TIME AND PLACE- 2:00 PREVIEW, 4:00PM GAVEL FALLS
Estabrook Park, 1 mile north of Brandon
Thanks for your understanding and support.
- Yard Sale Day (always the first Saturday in August)
- HarvestFest (always the Sunday before Columbus-Day-weekend)
- Farmer’s Market Craft Fair – Saturday of Columbus Day weekend and mid-December
- Memory Tree Festivities (always the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving)
- Moonlight Madness 1st Wednesday and 3rd Thursday in December- townwide sales and holiday fun!
- Holiday Decorating Contest Judges will be on the streets the second week of December!
- Artists Open Studio Weekend (Memorial Day weekend – Brandon always has one of Vermont’s largest concentrations of artists with open studios)
EVENT VENUES WITH THEIR OWN SCHEDULES
- Brandon Free Public Library has a full schedule of events, talks, special programs, and weekly movies.
- New England Maple Museum Activities and Events – The world’s largest maple museum open 10 am – 5:30 pm daily. 4578 Rte 7 in Pittsford. 802 483-9414
- Brandon Music presents a continuous program of jazz and classical music from their own internationally acclaimed recordings on its Divine Art and other labels,and regular performances, both formal and informal, by new and visiting artists. The cafe also hosts jazz concerts, regular live classical, folk and bluegrass music too.
- Brandon Museum is open Monday-Saturday from mid-May through mid-October from 11 am – 4 pm and has free admission. Open Sunday by appointment. 802-345-2965
- Brandon Farmer’s Market mid-May every Friday from 9 am – 2 pm at Estabrook Park 1 mile north of town.
- Brandon Town Band – All volunteer, multi-generational band. Always looking for new musicians, so dust off your instrument and join us.
- Brandon Artists Guild (monthly special exhibits and art shows)
- Brandon Town Hall Calendar http://www.brandontownhall.org/
- Brandon Town Players musical and drama performances- 802-247-5420
- Vermont Fiber Mill & Studio holds workshops, camps, and hands-on sessions.
- Compass Music & Arts Center is the home of events, exhibits, performances, and special shows. Open all year.
- Branbury State Park, located on the shore of Lake Dunmore, serves up a whole calendar of events throughout the summer.
- Check out VermontVacation.com for other activities in our great state!