Events and Happenings
Brandon is full of year-round events.
Brandon’s organizations sponsor enjoyable, educational, entertaining, and exciting events each year. Here is a listing and the “formula” for how we figure the date. Just click on the links for more info.
- Free Summer Concert Series (concerts on the lawn behind the Brandon Inn, next to the Neshobe River every Wednesday at 6 or 7pm in July- August)
- Memorial Day Parade (10:00am- Central Park-last Monday in May. A very quaint event- a small parade, a few speeches and a 100 year old tradition of first grade girls placing flowers at the base of the Civil War Monument.)
- Brandon Independence Day Celebration & Fireworks (always the first Saturday in July; and the night before too!)
- Basin Bluegrass Festival (always the weekend after the parade)
- Great Brandon Auction (NORMALLY the third Tuesday in July)This year, due to Covid 19, the fun and action will take place INSIDE INSTEAD! We are going to hold a two week INSIDE auction that will have something for everyone! Click on the link for details.
- Yard Sale Day (always the first Saturday in August)
- HarvestFest (always the Sunday before Indigenous Peoples Day weekend)
- Farmer’s Market Craft Fair – Saturday of Columbus Day weekend and mid-December
- Memory Tree Festivities (always the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving)
- Moonlight Madness 1st Wednesday and 3rd Thursday in December- townwide sales and holiday fun!
- Holiday Decorating Contest Judges will be on the streets the second week of December!
- Artists Open Studio Weekend (Memorial Day weekend – Brandon always has one of Vermont’s largest concentrations of artists with open studios)
EVENT VENUES WITH THEIR OWN SCHEDULES
- Brandon Free Public Library has a full schedule of events, talks, special programs, and weekly movies.
- Brandon Music presents a continuous program of jazz and classical music from their own internationally acclaimed recordings on its Divine Art and other labels,and regular performances, both formal and informal, by new and visiting artists. The cafe also hosts jazz concerts, regular live classical, folk and bluegrass music too.
- Brandon Museum is open Monday-Saturday from mid-May through mid-October from 11 am – 4 pm and has free admission. Open Sunday by appointment. 802-345-2965
- Brandon Farmer’s Market mid-May every Friday from 9 am – 2 pm at Estabrook Park 1 mile north of town.
- Brandon Town Band – All volunteer, multi-generational band. Always looking for new musicians, so dust off your instrument and join us.
- Brandon Artists Guild (monthly special exhibits and art shows)
- Brandon Town Hall Calendar http://www.brandontownhall.org/
- Brandon Town Players musical and drama performances- 802-247-5420
- Vermont Fiber Mill & Studio holds workshops, camps, and hands-on sessions.
- Compass Music & Arts Center is the home of events, exhibits, performances, and special shows. Open all year.
- Middlebury New Filmmakers Festival is all about showcasing the outstanding work of first and second time filmmakers. The event takes place in scenic Middlebury, Vermont in late August each year.
- Branbury State Park, located on the shore of Lake Dunmore, serves up a whole calendar of events throughout the summer.
- Check out VermontVacation.com for other activities in our great state!