Events and Happenings
Brandon is full of year-round events.
Brandon’s organizations sponsor enjoyable, educational, entertaining, and exciting events each year. Here is a listing and the “formula” for how we figure the date. Just click on the links for more info. Click here for a calendar view with the current dates.
“The Rivalry” will be performed on July 6, 2013 at 3:30 pm in the Brandon Town Hall. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Brandon Free Public Library has a full schedule of events, talks, special programs and weekly movies
- New England Maple Museum Activities and Events (throughout the season) the world’s largest maple museum. Groups over 12 can request “Sugar on Snow” by reservation. Call (802) 483-9414 for information. Spring hours 10AM-4PM daily. 4578 Rte 7 in Pittsford.
- Brandon Music Cafe presents a continuous program of jazz and classical music from their own internationally acclaimed recordings on its Divine Art and other labels,and regular performances, both formal and informal, by new and visiting artists. The cafe also hosts jazz concerts, regular live classical, folk and bluegrass music too.
- Brandon Museum open for the season mid-May through mid-October daily 11 am – 4 pm
- Brandon Farmer’s Market mid-May every Friday from 9 am – 2 pm in Brandon’s Central Park
- Brandon Town Band – every Monday starting around the first day of summer through Labor Day Monday from 6:30 – 7:30 pm in Brandon’s Central Park, weather permitting.
- Free Summer Concert Series (concerts in June – July- August and sometimes September)
- Brandon Artists Guild (monthly special exhibits and art shows)
- Brandon Town Hall Calendar (including Brandon Town Players events)
- Brandon Independence Day Celebration (always the first Saturday in July; and the night before too!)
- Basin Bluegrass Festival (always the weekend after the parade)
- Brandon Town Players musical and drama performances
- Vermont Fiber Mill & Studio holds workshops, camps, and hands-on sessions.
- Great Brandon Auction (either the third or fourth Tuesday in July)
- Soar Summerfest (always the Friday after the Great Brandon Auction)
- Yard Sale Day (always the first Saturday in August)
- Sidewalk Sales (second weekend in August)
- HarvestFest (always the Saturday before Columbus-Day-weekend)
- Memory Tree Festivities (always the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving)
- Moonlight Madness (sporadic; you’ve got to click the link to find out or come back soon if we aren’t linked yet!)
- Artists Open Studio Weekend (Memorial Day weekend – Brandon always has one of Vermont’s largest concentrations of artists with open studios)
- Branbury State Park, located on the shore of Lake Dunmore, serves up a whole calendar of events throughout the summer.