The Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce shall be dedicated to the improvement and advancement of a positive and dynamic economic, industrial, professional, and business climate and community enhancement in the Brandon area (By-laws, article II). Brandon Chamber bylaws.
Supporting the Chamber with membership helps build the Chamber’s positions and to maintain a strong voice in town, surrounding communities, and the state. If you support the activities we engage in, please support us with your membership. Membership benefits include:
- Access to competitively-priced dental insurance from Delta Dental. Contact the Chamber (802-247-6401) or The Richards Group (802-775-2503 or 802-388-4992) for rate and plan information.
- Participation in the Brandon Chamber’s BRANDON BIZ CARD program
- Discounts at Constant Contact, email marketing program.
- Pay dues online with PayPal either using a PayPal account or your credit card
- Annual town-wide events which boost quality of life such as: The Great Brandon Auction, Memory Tree Lighting, Brandon Yard Sale Day, HarvestFest (Leaf People), Free Summer Concert Series, and Moonlight Madness.
- Service and financial contributions for community benefit from Great Brandon Auction and other fund-raising projects. Past contributions have been to: Central Park bandstand and fountain, Crescent Park renewal, bus stop renovations, purchase of downtown benches, Waterfall Park fence, economic development, Brandon Free Public Library restoration fund, a permanent Memory Tree, the Stephen A Douglas Birthplace. Money has been donated for the purchase of downtown trees and for Brandon Town Hall renovations. The Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce annually beautifies downtown with flower barrels in the summer and holiday lights in the winter. Annual financial contributions are made to the Brandon Toy Project.
- Maintenance of our popular website, www.brandon.org. Free link to members’ websites. Host members’ home pages on our website for a nominal annual fee.
- Our most popular e-newsletter sent to more than 1400 email addresses on a regular basis. Promotion of member notices at no charge.
- Free advertising on our economic development website page of business members’ commercial properties for sale or lease.
- Communication to members in the form of periodic newsletters (electronic or paper, your choice). Twice a year event fliers sent town-wide with opportunity for low-cost business advertising.
- Sale of Brandon Bucks – Gift Certificates to Shop in Brandon redeemable at members’ businesses at no cost to members
- Visitor Center at the Douglas Birthplace is open and maintained from January 1st through December 31. Members’ business brochures and cards as well as state and regional publications and maps are displayed and available to the public free of charge.
- Production and distribution of publications: Brandon Area Map & Guide, Brandon Lure Brochure, self-guided Historic Downtown Walking Tour, Membership Directory (on-line).
- Sponsor events which provide networking and socializing opportunities for members and guests: Golf Mixer, Annual Meeting/Dinner, and Social Mixers at members’ businesses.
- Couples or individuals with two different businesses get the second business listed on our website and in our membership directory at no additional cost.
- Welcome packets are furnished to new area residents.
- Visitor packets mailed in response to advertising.
- Cooperative advertising opportunities.
- Special agenda meetings held when needed such as Legislative Luncheons and Meet the Candidates.
- Political action involvement in timely issues as they arise: mosquito control funding, downtown improvement issues, etc.
If you support the activities we engage in, please support us with your membership. Member-Application-2020