Independence Day Celebration: June 30th & July 1st, 2017
Brandon Independence Day Celebration Friday & Saturday June 30th & July 1st, 2017
All Activities and Events are Free
Friday night FUN!! JUNE 30th
Scores of wonderful donations are awaiting your bid at Fellowship Hall, 1 Carver Street, next to the Congregational Church, across from Central Park. Doors are open from 5-10 p.m. on Friday and again from 10 a.m. – 12 noon on Saturday and after the Parade until 3:00 p.m. Winners will be notified between 3 and 5 p.m. At registration, make sure we know how to reach you so you can pick up your winnings. If we can’t reach you, we’ll contact the next bidder. Payment by cash or checks made out to BIDCC. Please plan to pick up your items before 5:00 p.m.
This is our biggest fundraiser, so be generous!
The fun begins Friday at 5:00 p.m. in Central Park when hamburgers, hot dogs, cotton candy, popcorn and more goes on sale to fortify the dancing frenzy soon to take place. At 6:00 p.m. the DJ from Jam Man Entertainment (http://www.jammanentertainment.com) begins the music, and stays until the last dancer drops. Be sure to stick around to see if you’ve won the 50/50 raffle! (NOTE: Derek Cram of Jam Man Entertainment donates his time at this event and at the Fireworks on Saturday night. )
Saturday Pre-Parade!! JULY 1st
- Food: In Central Park the grills will be firing up early to provide a huge selection of your favorite food with all the trimmings. There will also be hand-crafted items for sale.
- Entertainment: From 10:00 a.m. – 12 noon you’ll find Karaoke on stage in the gazebo.
- Family Fun: From 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. behind the Brandon Inn
- Silent Auction: Auction continues at Fellowship Hall next to the Congregational Church, across from Central Park. Doors open at 10 a.m. and close at 12 noon – reopens after the Parade until 3:00 p.m. This is our biggest fundraiser, so be generous!
At 1 p.m., this signature event of the Celebration starts at the intersection of Park, High and Marble Streets. The parade marches down beautiful Park Street, through downtown, past our historic Town Hall, through Conant Square, and ends at Brandon Lumber (on Route 7, about a half-mile north of the Brandon Inn). There will be floats, bands, fire engines, antique tractors, antique cars and much more!
- Ball Race: No 4th of July is complete without the yearly ball race, over the falls at Green Park, just north of Central Park. The race is at 3:30 after the concert. (NOTE: This event is sponsored by the Lake Sunapee Bank)
Park Village (the old Brandon Training School, just north of town – At the intersection of Route 7 and the Arnold District Road)
- The fun continues at 5:00 p.m. with more food, fun, and float winner announcements.
- The DJ from Jam Man Entertainment (http://www.jammanentertainment.com) will be there again from 5:30 to dusk.
- The Fireworks will begin at dusk. Brandon puts on a spectacular show that you won’t want to miss.
Donations are appreciated – Look for BIDCC folks with donation buckets at the Fireworks, buy 50/50 tickets on Friday night, support The Silent Auction or write a check to the BIDCC and mail it to Treasurer, Susan Stone at 2999 Wheeler Road, Brandon, VT 0573.
Want to march in the parade or enter a float?
Represent your business, organization or club… even your own neighborhood. Application forms and information are available at Carr’s Florist, and the Brandon Free Public Library, or email Susan Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the forms by email.
Choose a category, add imagination and enter. Themes this year are Patriotism, Whimsy, Environment and Vermont History. All entries are eligible to be judged for prizes in each category, based on originality and creativity, as well as a grand prize, all to be determined by a non-partisan board of judges.
In order to enter, fill out the application, sign the Parade Rules and Waiver of Responsibility, and return by mail to: BIDCC, 2999 Wheeler Rd, Brandon 05733.
Want to be a vendor in Central Park Friday (evening) or Saturday (day) or Park Village Saturday (evening)? Email to Suzanne Bennett email@example.com and sign up.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Debbie Boyce at 802-345-0056.