4 Grove Street (Route 7)
Hours: Museum open Monday-Saturday 11 am - 4 pm from mid-May through mid-October
The Brandon Museum opened in 2010 in the historic Stephen A Douglas Birthplace. It is located on Route 7, next to the Baptist Church at the corner of Routes 7 and 73 West.
What’s In The Brandon Museum?
- Brandon History including industry, business, architecture, tourism, and immigration
- The anti-slavery movement and how it grew in one small Vermont town
- The story of Stephen A. Douglas, one of America’s most prominent 19th century statesmen
- A study of the impact of the Civil War on this town and her people
- A study of this first generation Vermont home, built in 1802 and the birthplace of Douglas, and how it changed over its +200 year
- Hundreds of old Brandon photos
- Stories reflecting the lives and thoughts of some of Brandon’s earliest residents
- Items manufactured in Brandon